We did it! Wow! One year has passed, and everyone still has all ten fingers and toes. It was a great year, after the colic! We had our ups and downs, but overall, I think it's safe to say that we were successful. Liam is quite the happy little man!
I can't believe this little eight-pound person that I grew has teeth and cruises around the living room. He says "Mom," "Dad," "Hi," and to a lesser degree, "Elivs." He is a champion giggler. Sure, sometimes he's stinky and that makes him hard to love, but hes our stinker.
A parent friend of mine once stressed to me the importance of making memories. This didn't mean constantly standing behind the lens of a camera, waiting for life to happen. It meant, thinking about how I want to look back and cherish this moment, and providing the arena for that to happen. When planning Liam's birthday, I realized that all I wanted was to remember my baby smashing cake all over. I wanted to clean dried icing from the crevices of his high chair two days later (or whenever I got around to it). I wanted to see his face break out into a huge smile as he had his first taste of real sugar. So I decided not to have a big birthday party. When a kid is 1, the party is more for the parents anyway. For that reason, all I needed was the gem of a moment that is in the videos below.
Happy first birthday, Liam! We love you so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment